Appointments Enquiry Insights

Call us now on: 0208 638 5532


Creative Worker Visa

The Temporary Work – Creative Worker visa is for individuals who have been offered short-term work in the UK for up to 12 months within the creative sector.

A creative worker is someone who can make a unique contribution to the UK’s creative industries, for example, as an actor, dancer, musician, entertainer, fashion model or film crew.  Technical or support staff (‘entourage’) may accompany eligible creative workers.


The Creative Worker visa is not a route to settlement, but applicants can extend their stay up to a maximum of two years with the same employer. Creative Worker visa holders can also be joined by a dependent partner and children under the age of 18.

Requirements for a Temporary Work – Creative Worker Visa

In order to qualify for a Temporary Work – Creative Worker Visa, you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that:

  • You have an offer of a job as a creative worker from a sponsor that holds a valid Temporary Work – Creative Worker sponsor licence (which requires a valid Certificate of Sponsorship for the role you wish to undertake);
  • You will be paid the minimum salary as set by Equity, PACT or BECTU (except for models, musicians or circuses);
  • You genuinely intend, and are able, to undertake the role for which you are being sponsored and do not intend to undertake other employment;
  • You have personal savings to support yourself in the UK;
  • Your application does not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal;
  • You have provided a valid TB certificate, if required.

Creative Worker Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) Requirement

In order to obtain a Temporary Work – Creative Worker Visa you will need to have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship issued by a Home Office-approved sponsor for the job you are applying to undertake in the UK.  Your sponsor will need to hold a valid Temporary Work – Creative Worker sponsor licence.

Your sponsor will be operating in the creative sector.  Examples include, but are not limited to: a national arts body, an events organiser, a producer, a venue, an agent, a promoter or promotion company, a production company or a media organisation.  Your sponsor may or may not be your direct employer.

When your sponsor issues a Certificate of Sponsorship they will confirm that:

  • You will comply with your relevant Creative Worker Code of Practice where one exists for your occupation; or
  • Your role appeared in the shortage occupation list; or
  • Before assigning the Certificate of Sponsorship, your sponsor took into account the needs of the resident labour market and was satisfied that the work could not be carried out by a settled worker

Sponsors in the creative sector can issue certificates of sponsorship to individual creative workers.  They can also issue group certificates of sponsorship for a performer and their entourage.  An entourage can include people whose work is directly related to the employment of an entertainer, cultural artist, sportsperson or a dramatic production.  Members of an entourage must have proven technical or specialist skills.

Duration of a Temporary Work- Creative Worker Visa

If your Temporary Work – Creative Worker Visa application is successful you will be permitted to enter and remain in the UK for either 12 months, or the time stated on your Certificate of Sponsorship plus up to 14 days before and after the period of leave granted, whichever is shorter.

Conditions of Stay on a Temporary Work – Creative Worker Visa

If your application for a Temporary Work – Creative Worker Visa is successful you will be able to work for your sponsor in the job described on your Certificate of Sponsorship.

You will also be able to have a second job in the same sector and at the same level as your main job for up to 20 hours per week and do a job on the Skilled Worker shortage occupation list for up to 20 hours per week.

How Our Immigration Advisers Can Help

Our team of immigration advisers has experience in assisting creative workers and their entourage across a variety of disciplines.  Our advisers can help you to ensure that you meet your start date and that your career progression will fit your immigration goals.

We pride ourselves on being approachable and proactive in understanding and meeting our client’s needs. We are a highly driven team, dedicated to providing clear and reliable immigration advice to artists, dancers, musicians, entertainers and models as part of a professional and friendly service.

Contact us today

Nexus Visas assists international clients in obtaining UK visas, residence and citizenship under the respective programs. Contact us to arrange an initial private consultation.

Our Regulator


Approved SELT Exam Center

Our Certifications

Nexus Visas is the trading name of Nexus Immigration Limited company registered in England and Wales with company number: 12633225. 

This firm is regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner.

© Copyright 2022. All rights reserved.